I recently attended the Global Leadership Summit (GLS) held on 27th-28th of October 2008. It was my first time to attend this Summit. I found the sessions so powerfully packed that it has provided me lasting encouragement.First, the GLS provided me a refreshing experience. It was recharging to be aware that hundred-thousand plus men-of-faith around the world convene just to attend this leadership event. In Singapore alone, hundreds of leaders attended this same event. It was refreshing to see leaders meet for a common cause and together worship God in harmony.
Furthermore, the Summit also provided me an exposure to few surprising disclosures which I also share as my own struggles. Leaders want to be full-time in their ministry and yet they tend to be part-time as Christ-followers. It was also relieving for me to realize that leaders, at some point of their lives in their ministry, sought for the presence of God when they needed it and yet they didn't experience it. Bill Hybels & Mother Theresa are one of them. Mother Theresa at the end of another day of her exhausting ministry said to God in prayer, "Even though I don't experience your presence, I will still love you..."
Furthermore, the Summit also provided me an exposure to few surprising disclosures which I also share as my own struggles. Leaders want to be full-time in their ministry and yet they tend to be part-time as Christ-followers. It was also relieving for me to realize that leaders, at some point of their lives in their ministry, sought for the presence of God when they needed it and yet they didn't experience it. Bill Hybels & Mother Theresa are one of them. Mother Theresa at the end of another day of her exhausting ministry said to God in prayer, "Even though I don't experience your presence, I will still love you..."
Finally, the GLS has recalibrated my pursuit to lead - to discover and find how to achieve my True North. Bill George stated in his best-selling book, "Just as a compass points toward a magnetic field, your True North pulls you towards the purpose of your leadership. When you follow your internal compass, your leadership will be authentic, and people will naturally want to associate with you. Although others may guide or influence you, your truth is derived from your life story and only you can determine what is should be."
How about you? What is your True North? Do you want to discover your authentic leadership?
No comments:
Post a Comment